Montreat Youth Conference 2020
Montreat Youth Conference (MYC) is designed for high school students who have completed 8-12th grade, and for their group leaders.
July 11-18 (Dates include travel) (Week 3 group)
Registration Deadline: February 9, 2020
Cost: $400 ($100 non-refundable deposit, due by February 9, 2020 to Miles McDonald) Need based scholarships are available.
Details: We will join over a thousand Senior High youth from across the country. Great leaders fill the week with worship and keynotes designed to speak directly to senior highs. If we can schedule in time, our youth will stay in a personal house just for our group. On a typical day we cook all our meals, gather in the large conference hall for energizers and keynote, break out in small groups, worship, enjoy nightly programs, some rock hopping and free time basking in the amazing atmosphere of the mountains of Montreat, NC. Wednesday afternoon is a free afternoon and the group will decide what we want to do together.
Deposits are due to Miles’ office or online on or before February 9, 2020. Final payment is due April 12, 2020.
Adult Sponsors are needed on this trip. Sponsors help drive and participate in the conference and pay only $150.
Registration forms can be completed online BELOW!
Youth Conference Leadership (Week 3)
- Rodger Nishioka – Keynote Leader: The son of an honorably retired Presbyterian pastor, Rodger is evidence that you can be a pastor's kid and still love Jesus.
- Clare Parry Lozano – Preacher: Clare loves her call as pastor at Heritage Presbyterian Church in Olathe, KS, where the Spirit is on the move and helping shape a community of radical welcome and love.
- Marcus Hong – Music Leader: Marcus A. Hong is a cultivator of worship who has served in congregations, new worshiping communities, college chapels, and youth groups for over fifteen years.
- Darci McKinnon – Music Leader: Darci is passionate about making a joyful noise in anyway that makes your inner heart sing and your outer voice resonate.
- Kelly Fitzgerald – Recreation Leader: Fueled by the power of the Holy Spirit - she loves a good laugh, a fun game, and a solid high five between friends both old and new.
- Cliff Haddox – Recreation Leader: Cliff is a husband and father of two kids who enjoy play as much as he does, and is happy to talk about how faith, geek culture, and the latest board & video games all fit together.