Give Up Plastic Bags During Lent!
Take the Challenge - February 14 - March 28
This season of Lent, the Earth Care team is challenging GCPC to give up single-use plastic bags. Many plastic bags are used for a matter of minutes and then sit in a landfill for hundreds of years. They contribute to climate change and plastic pollution, and can harm wildlife. So join the challenge and stop using plastic bags!
Here’s how to participate:
- Between February 14 and March 28, take a selfie every time you use a reusable bag (or just a photo of your reusable bag, if you don’t want to be in the picture).
- Upload it using the form below. (www.gcpc.org/reusablebag)
- Whoever has uploaded the most photos by midnight on March 28 will win a prize! The winner will be announced in worship on April 7.
- READ RULES BELOW before uploading.
- You can take one photo per place where you normally would receive a single use bag. So if you buy groceries and use 6 reusable bags to take them all home, you can take one photo of all 6 bags to upload.
- Photos from one household should all be submitted by the same person (to make it easier to count submissions and determine the winner).
- You can only submit photos from people who live with you. So if your children/grandchildren/other relatives don't live with you, you can’t submit their photos under your name.
- You don’t have to upload photos on the day/week they are taken (but it is preferred) You can upload all of the photos you have taken between 2/14-3/28 at once, but be sure the photos are uploaded by 11:59pm on March 28. GCPC is not responsible for uploads not received due to user error.
- Challenge is suited through this platform for digital photos from a phone, computer or tablet. If you want to enter "printed photos" please put them in an envelope marked "Attention Mikki Walker - Bag Challenge," with your name, phone number, and email address on it, and turn into the church office by march 28, 2024.
- If you have any trouble uploading your photos, contact Kim Krueger here.
If you need a reusable bag, see Mikki Walker - she has extras to give away, and ask Mikki if you have any questions - email@example.com.